Supplier Compliance Manager - London, United Kingdom,
Supplier Compliance Manager (New Role) 3-month Contract 3 days a week Part Time
Home Accessories Hard Goods
Fixed term contract
Salary if full time would be from £34,000-£40,000 this would be pro-rated on 3 days a week
This is an exciting opportunity to join the expanding product team with an award-winning quality homewares brand with an international office and marketplaces sold in Selfridges and John Lewis Partnership and independent lifestyle boutiques.
They are widely seen as an exciting, dynamic brand with innovative and cult products focused on design and quality. The company has won many design awards in recent years.
The head office is situated in central London and there are additional offices in New York, Paris, Dusseldorf and Tokyo. The office is a large open plan space where everyone is encouraged to mix and come forward with new ideas to help drive the business forward.
This is a now a fantastic opportunity for a Part -time Supplier Compliance Manager to join their team in London.
Although advertised as a temporary part-time role, there is potential for this role to be further developed into a permanent role in the future.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the Supply, Technical and Buying teams to successfully execute the assessments and audit of our suppliers.
Factory Audits (Social Compliance)
• Educate new and existing suppliers on audit processes and requirements
• Assess existing supply base to determine current status of audits held by factories
• Set up SEDEX and ensure all existing suppliers are registered and linked to the company
• Create a database to record and track supplier audits and assess suitability against company requirements
Factory Audits (Quality & Environmental)
• Ensure suppliers are well prepared for factory audits to avoid unnecessary delays or costs
• Initiate factory audits for all new and existing suppliers in line with company processes and guidelines
• Initiate ad-hoc audits when requested by key customers, as appropriate
• Follow up on all corrective actions, ensuring they are completed and closed off on time
• Review and respond to customer and third-party audit and self-assessment questionnaires
• Ensure audit spend is within the agreed budget
• Participate and or lead meetings with stakeholders as required
You will need experience of:
• In-depth understanding of the ETI Base code, and common social compliance audits, such as SMETA, BSCI, SA8000 etc.
• Experience of setting up SEDEX and managing audits on the SEDEX system
• Experience in arranging audits and following up on corrective actions.
• Experience of working with suppliers in Asia.
• A high degree of self-motivation, able to also work autonomously and collaboratively across teams
• Adaptable in a changing environment.
• Proficient at multi-tasking, working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail...... click apply for full job details