Technology & Change Risk Oversight Consultant - Reading, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, RG1
Technology & Change Risk Oversight Consultant
12 Month Contract - Reading
Working with M&GPrudential as Technology & Change Risk Oversight Consultant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&GPrudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
The roles sits in 2nd line risk, as part of the new M&GPrudential Technology Risk group, working closely with other Risk groups across the business. The roles primary purpose is to provide oversight and assurance for the Technology and Change activity being undertaken by key programmes and projects across the M&G Prudential businesses.
The key focus areas for the role are:
- Digital transformation and delivery of B2C and B2B multi-channel operating models
- Legacy architecture, decommission and migration
- Managing 3rd parties - outsourcing, managed service provision, consultancies, etc
- New ways of working - Agile, DevOps
- New technologies - Cloud, API's, RPA, Data Science
- IT Strategy
- IT Architecture
- IT Governance
- Portfolio, programme, and project management
Deliverables for the role will be:
- Engaging proactively with assigned programmes/projects, providing oversight and guidance where required,
- Referencing and managing engagement with other relevant risk groups for programmes/projects, particularly 1st line risk groups,
- Conducting assurance reviews or deep dives,
- Contributing to and supporting the establishment of good risk management practices in the new Change and IT functions across the businesses, and
- Contributing to the establishment and growth of an industry best practice Technology Risk group
What we are looking for are people with:
- Significant knowledge and experience of IT and change. Ideally they have either been in Technology and Change and then moved into Risk, or can demonstrate significant expertise in Technology and Change through their experience in previous risk roles.
- Good communicator, able to explain and report complex technical and change scenarios clearly and simply to non-technical audiences across all levels of the business,
- Quick relationship builder, good at establishing credibility, and able to challenge positively,
- Strong analytical and organisational skills,
- A team player, well organised and flexible, but able to operate independently with minimal supervision,
People who work at M&GPrudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers.
Please be advised that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to share your personal data with both M&G and Prudential.