Testing & Validation: EMEA Operational Risk Consultant - London, United Kingdom,
Your new company
A prestigious multinational bank based in the heart of the city, you will be working for a company that prides itself on looking after both staff and clients. Their new offices are cutting edge and a testament to staff wellbeing.
Your new role
You will be based in the Operational Risk Team with a focus on Testing and Validation within EMEA. The team is responsible for providing assurance on the internal control environment through specific controls testing, targeted reviews and issues validation primarily driven from the Operational Risk and the Business Process Risk Management program. Part of your duties will include planning and performing Operational Risk testing activities and keeping stakeholders apprised of review progress. You will also plan and perform issues and corrective actions and will independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven 2nd line of defence risk experience within the banking area of financial services
* Previous risk control experience
* Strong securities background
* Experience and exposure within Internal Audit
* Advanced Excel skills
Ideally you will have
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organisation
* Excellent organisation skills, prioritisation, and time-management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
This role will suit someone who is delivery focused, able to work well under pressure and able to confidently engage stakeholders at all levels.
What you need to do now
If you are an analytical thinker with good interpersonal skills who is looking for your next role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Alternatively, we can offer £250 of vouchers for all successfully placed referrals.