Trade Finance Graduate - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Our client is offering the opportunity for a graduate to become part of an dynamic and entrepreneurial company, with innovation and technology at the heart of everything they do. Their services cover the physical trading of sugar, ingredients and packaging, as well as the provision of value added service such as: Logistics and Stock Management; Sustainable Supply Programmes; Price Risk Management; Market Analysis; Financing; and Corporate Finance.
This role would be most suited to a self-starter who is numerate and bright. There will be extensive training so previous experience isn't vital, but a Master's degree would be preferable. This role is a great platform for moving into other parts of the business including trading and client relationships.
- Loan management - draw downs, rolls and repayments in co-ordination with accounts, Treasury and house banks.
- Work closely with banks to obtain competitive pricing of Letter of Credits and negotiation of documents in an efficient manner.
- Structuring funding with banks for the new business ensuring that it aligns specifically with the trade.
- Manage, monitor the finance required for the Company's sugar held in warehouse including co-ordination with Clients and Traders.
- Work closely with Treasury and Trade Finance colleagues to enable efficient daily utilization of finance.
- Good understanding of insurance cover, existing bank facilities to enable finance of trades.
- Process and monitor existing business flows of payables/receivables. Following up any outstanding payments for prompt settlement from buyers.
- Monitor and support the short and medium term funding requirements for the company's local branches structuring to meet their specific requirements of local subsidiaries with local bank facilities and keep record of these positions
- Full awareness of Company's sanctions policies.
- To review and negotiate bank facilities and facility addendums.
- To be fully conversant with the Employee Handbook and supporting policies, including Health and Safety legislation and fire and emergency procedures.
- To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organizational goals.
- To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
- Finance/Economics education (Masters desirable)
- Understanding of International Banking and Finance
- Microsoft Office skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Focused and highly motivated.
- Ability to prioritise, work efficiently, accurately and to strict deadlines.
- Team player working closely with colleagues.
- Language skills (not required)
- A prestigious office location in the heart of London
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus structure
- Free breakfasts, soup and smoothies, as well as frequent office food events
- Subsidised gym membership and bike to work scheme, 7-a-side football team
- Life, health and dental insurance
- Learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative and collegiate work environment and culture
- Charity fundraising and volunteering opportunities
This role is an opportunity for someone to start on a career path in a supportive and development environment with opportunities across the globe in the future.