Trade Support - City, Manchester, United Kingdom, M1
City Elite Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the worlds leading banks. We are currently helping them source a number of Trade Support individuals for the Middle Office in the Manchester office.
The group offer a number of back & middle office functions ranging from Fund order and Trade processing through to settlement monitoring and trade reconciliations. The products covered include but are not limited to;
• Equities / Fixed Income
• Money Market Instruments (Call Accts - Time Deposits)
• Stock Collateral
• Placing activity
• Unit Trusts / OEIC's
• Stock Lending monitoring and settlement
This role reports to the Middle Office Manager and is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and/or settlement of security trades and, where appropriate, cash transactions, on behalf of their assigned Middle Office clients. Tasks must be completed in accordance with client Service Level Agreements/Descriptions, established policies and procedures and in line with market practice and all exceptions accurately recorded, investigated, monitored and, as necessary, escalated to ensure timely resolution.
In addition, the position will be responsible for accurate reflection of complex transaction activity involving sophisticated structures and investment transactions. The position is the primary contact for trade support and settlement services within Middle Office Client Service Delivery for specific clients.
- The candidate must have an understanding of Middle Office responsibilities and the delineation of duties between the front, middle and back office operations.
- Conceptual understanding of how global markets behave.
- Understanding of the services that the department delivers to their client base as well as the technical proficiency of the tools and systems utilised to deliver these services or the ability to become technically proficient quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure within set deadlines.
- Ability to provide support to other team members by answering questions and offering guidance.