Trainee Credit Underwriter - Asset Finance - East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom, G74 1
Trainee Credit Underwriter - Asset Finance
£20,000 to £30,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client, a leading UK asset finance company, are looking for a Trainee Credit Underwriter to support the Asset Finance and Leasing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating and recommending proposals from the Introducers and Sales Staff of the branch in a timely, effective and commercial manner.
All available methods of assessment will be used, including, but not limited to: Experian, Companies House, Land Registry, HPI, CAP, and individual suppliers along with financial information provided.
The successful candidate will form opinions from analysis undertaken with decision recommendations to be made to more Senior Underwriters as appropriate.
The role sits within the second line of defence and reports to the Managing Director and Head of Underwriting Asset Finance & Leasing, the role will have a delegated credit authority.
- To primarily provide effective support to the underwriting team, recommending proposals in accordance with Asset Finance Credit Risk Policies & agreed processes.
- Review a wide range of commercial asset finance proposals into the business.
- Assess creditworthiness using all available search & financials information to produce clear written recommendations to appropriate underwriters.
- Verify credit limits/exposures within Group before underwriting.
- Confirmation of the deal being approved, declined or information required to be made to the broker / sales staff within agreed SLA's
- Communicate effectively with Internal Sales Team & other departments on deal progress as appropriate
- Discussing potential deals from Brokers/ sales staff before they are submitted.
- Maintain up to date records of progress on CRM to ensure that other staff can view records as being correct
- Provide feedback as required on proposal quality to drive improvement
Ideally you will educated to degree level.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Lucy Davies at .