Treasury Capital Markets Analyst/Associate - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Mo r g a n S ta n l e y i s a l e a d i ng g l o bal f i nan c i al s e rv i c e s f i r m p r o vi d i ng a w i de r a nge of i n v e s t m ent ban k i n g, s e c u r i t i e s , i n v e s t m ent m anage m ent and w e a l t h m anage m ent s e r vi c e s . T he F i r m 's e m p l o y e es s e r v e cl i e n ts w o rl d w i de i n c l u d i n g c o r po r at i on s , g o v e r n m ents and i n d i vi d u a l s f r o m m o r e than 1,2 0 0 o ff i c es i n 4 3 c o u nt r i e s .
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Corporate Treasury seeks to optimize shareholder value by providing effective management of Morgan Stanley's liquidity, funding and capital resources working in close partnership with our key internal and external stakeholders. Treasury's policies and strategy are formed, in large part, by the regulatory landscape in which Morgan Stanley currently operates.
Morgan Stanley is seeking to hire a professional with strong analytical skills and previous finance experience to add to its Corporate Treasury team. Treasury Capital Markets team is the markets facing function of Corporate Treasury. TCM raises liabilities for the firm via debt issuance and manages the associated hedging along with the liquidity reserve investments.
• Day-to-day investing of the Firms liquidity in EMEA and managing funding requirements
• Analysis, reporting and understanding of funding drivers and specific funding structures
• Pricing liquidity and management of liquidity risk
• Understanding and applying relevant regulatory requirements
• Engaging and working with Business Units, in particular with Bank Resource Management (BRM), on funding and liquidity structures
• Maintaining effective working relationships with the Global Treasury Capital Markets team, Finance controllers, Cash Management, Credit and Liquidity Risk departments
• Experience in the industry beneficial
• An understanding of the financial markets
• Strong, analytical problem solving skills
• Ability and willingness to work with global teams and colleagues across the regions contributing to common goals
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, high energy level environment
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Degree qualification or equivalent
• Post graduate qualification / studying towards: ACT, CFA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent beneficial
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a
broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.