Treasury Operations Assistant - City, London, United Kingdom, EC1A2
Treasury Operations Assistant Finance Department
The European HQ of a, a global trading company s currently seeking to recruit a Treasury Operations Assistant within their Finance Department.
They seek an all-round flexible team player with proven treasury operations experience and the capability and mind-set to develop additional skills eg accounting and taxation. The role involves providing all round treasury operations support and finance administration for the sales departments and employees, with a focus on efficient and accurate administration skills.
Training will be provided in order to develop existing experience and assist with understanding the business structure and transactions of their continental and group companies in Europe.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience. Discretionary annual performance related bonus. Medical insurance and company pension. Overtime payable as per the requirements of the role.
Location: City of London
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Hours of Work: 9am - 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely processing of general ledger and journal entries including but not limited to payments, receipts, deposit and loan entries/rollovers/maturities, discounts and account transfers.
- Assisting in investigation and reconciliation of company ledgers against bank ledgers.
- Daily use of SAP
- Supporting with BACS, payment and trade transaction inquiries etc.
- Daily monitoring of banking facilities and entering payment instructions onto online banking systems for subsequent approval and release.
- Aiding in cash management processes including reconciliations and period end close.
- Covering departmental responsibilities in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensuring procedures are being completed in accordance to internal risk and control standards.
- Support with group reporting requirements
- Support with ongoing financial accounts projects and continuous improvement of processes and controls eg Financial Technology
- Applying new procedures in line with regulatory changes.
- Booking of foreign exchange contracts.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with banks and other internal and external parties on a daily basis.
- Preparing Bill of Exchange and bank schedules for collections and document negotiation under letters of credit and monitoring of files for acceptance/payment.
- Collating data into spreadsheets.
- General administration duties such as; filing, mailing, scanning, faxing and copying of documents.
Skills and Experience:
Strong Excel skills
Good time and task management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
Systematic attitude to work and processes
A good understanding of trade documents such as letters of credit and collections along with proven understanding of foreign exchange and bank payment procedures
Ability to work autonomously
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent customer service skills
Cooperative, flexible and "Can do" attitude
Accurate and proven numerical skills
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment