Treasury Operations Officer - Banking - London, United Kingdom,
Treasury Operations Officer
Our client, a bank in the City, is looking for an experienced Operations Professional to join their Treasury Operations team.
Working as part of the Operations Department team, the designated role of Treasury Operations Officer will be to fulfill the day to day operations of the Treasury Back office desk under the supervision of the Head of Operations and working closely with the Financial Markets Division team.
Working closely with, currently two, other team members controlling Loans Administration, Trade Finance and Banking Services, the TOO will be required to interact and provide cover for Loans, Trade Finance and Banking Services as required, as leave/sickness cover.
Planned department growth will likely provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to move into a management role before long.
- On a daily basis, to work as part of the Operations team processing and verifying transactions in the branch Core Banking and 'Summit' Treasury systems and SWIFT for all Investment and Treasury business.
- A good knowledge of and experience of MIFID 2 reporting.
- Must have a sound knowledge of processing Treasury products; MM, Forex, Swaps, CD's, Bonds, FRA's and Derivative products.
- Will act as the focal point for Position Keeping and Reconciliation controller for Operations, compiling and submitting all currency positions and Nostro reconciled balances to the FMD in a timely manner throughout the business day, on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the safe custody storage of all Treasury related documentation held in the branch.
- To perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Operations or Senior Management.
- Will be required to interact with and stand in for other members of the operations team covering; Trade Finance, Clearing and Loans Administration and Account Opening, to prepare and input or, approve transaction input by others as cover for sickness, holidays or otherwise, under the direction of the Head of Operations.
- Support Head of Operations and branch with projects related to Operations development as required.
- At least 7+ years' experience and a sound track record in banking industry, with emphasis on processing Treasury and Money Market products and Derivatives.
- Experience working on system projects and stress testing scenarios (preferable but not essential)
- Intermediate to advanced excel user and competent skills in other MS office applications
- Summit System experience preferred
- Money Market Taking & Placing
- Foreign Exchange settlements (Spot, Forward, Options)
- Forward Rate Agreements (FRA)
- Interest Rate Swaps (IRS)
- Currency Swaps
- Bonds (Purchase, Sales, Bank Investment)
- Precious Metals settlements (Purchase and Sales)
- Arbitrage (understanding of the deal purpose)
- Experience with SWIFT
- Position Keeping and reporting and Nostro balance management
- Experience of MIFID2 reporting per new Regulatory controls
- Experience (confident operational level) in other Banking areas including: