Up to Vice President, Business Controls Officer, Global Banking and Ma - London, United Kingdom,
British Pound . GBP -
Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers a broad range of products and services across corporate banking, corporate finance and advisory, capital markets, debt and equity sales and trading.
Supporting our Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) teams in EMEA, will sit in either London or Paris within the Business Controls Function - which is part of the GBAM COO organization and is the key control partner for the line of business heads and the front office.
The Global Rates business is a market-maker across a range of financial products for which principal risk is a
change in interest rates, including , but not limited to, government securities, agencies, futures contracts,
repurchase agreements, swaps, options and structured transactions.
The Supervisory & Control Function is an in-business group providing a range of advisory and execution services for the GBAM businesses, including analysis and performance of key supervision and control tasks.
The role will be responsible for undertaking and supporting supervision activity in the Rates businesses in Europe, based in London, working for the head of EMEA Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) Business Controls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the management of the business in the strategic understanding and practical mitigation of their control risks and the evolution of the business' risk culture
- Understanding and implementing the front office supervision and control arrangements using the firm's tools (including who is supervising whom, at what activities, how and how well)
- Helping to drive control initiatives across EMEA to ensure the business is effectively managing all its operational risks
- Understanding and helping assess root cause and mitigating controls for operational losses and errors and developing and improving routines to capture control metrics for reporting Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and for developing the Risk & Control Self-Assessments of the business in the region
- Managing audit issue identification and remediation and handling Audit and Regulatory visits as the control face of the business
- Performing deep-dives into producer activities and the economics and risks of products to identify control weaknesses or gaps in processes and activities and remediating weaknesses
- Working with Enterprise Control Functions (Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk, IT, HR, Audit) to ensure end-to-end processes for all client and trade activity are controlled
- Working with the Enterprise Control Function to update policies, procedures and controls to reflect changes in regulatory rules, including both global and local regulatory reforms
- Working across the region with the Business Control and COO teams in each country to ensure that the controls framework is common and effective in each location and responding to local issues
- Being the regional representative in global Business Supervision & Control projects for the LOB and co-ordinating the flow of information to/from and within the region.
- ideally be proficient in French
- be (or have been) suitably registered/qualified
- have extensive industry experience
- have the ability to run complex, collaborative analytical projects
- have a strong academic background or equivalent
- have good IT skills and the ability to develop ad hoc solutions
- have exceptional communication/relationship skills.
- Control Mindset: a commitment to ensuring that the business does the right thing
- Creative Thinking : the ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and to see business opportunities - and risks - with a constructive perspective
- Commercial/Client Orientation : an underlying desire to help the business serve clients and a motivation to ensure that others' needs are met
- Consulting Skills : an ability to provide added value, including innovative approaches and new or improved solutions
- Flexibility : the capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, decisiveness, energy, drive, courage and character. A thinker - and a doer
- Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration: The willingness to work as a member of a broad team in a matrix organization.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.