VP - Global Planning & Stress Testing - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading provider of financial services.
- Drive the overall planning program, including the coordination of the different stakeholders and the progress update to management.
- Undertake & co-ordinate robust review of business unit plans, with respect to P&L and Balance sheet consequences, highlighting risks to other areas of the planning framework.
- Create and develop ExCo, Board and other materials to deliver appropriate MI in a succinct, clear but comprehensive manner distilling key messages to senior management
- Review and understand actual outcomes to ensure deviations from plan are understood and trends and associated impacts are known in advance of future planning cycles
- Assist where required with the overall internal and external stress testing processes including process co-ordination and analytical review
- Develop, motivate and provide leadership to direct reports and assist in team management, setting objectives and tracking performance to create a high performing team
- Working in the Planning and Stress Test Functional Transaction Cycle (FTC), help deliver long term efficiencies and change as part of the FTC transformation program
- Managing different stakeholders at various levels, not only within other Finance teams but across other functions such as Risk and Treasury to ensure the planning process is effectively co-ordinated.
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Experience of managing others and ability to develop and motivate direct reports and other members of the team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify all options and make a recommendation on the best option for a particular situation
- Experience in financial planning / budgeting / forecasting / stress testing / performance management and improvement or relevant areas
- Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in program management
- Strong control and governance awareness