VP Accounting Policy - London, United Kingdom,
The company is a leading financial services provider.
- Policy Implementation: Participate in the policy implementation process.
- Conduct initial impact assessment for project scoping. Monitor IASB and FASB discussions on implementation projects on new accounting standards. Identify knock on impacts of accounting changes to other GAAPs (e.g. IFRS, Swiss GAAP).
- Prepare education material and present education sessions on new accounting standards.
- Meet with other stakeholders to discuss potential impacts (e.g. Tax, Product Control, Risk, FMAR, Legal Entity Finance).
- Draft an Accounting Requirements Document which outlines both the current accounting and future accounting under the new accounting standard.
- Represent the company at industry working groups on new accounting standards.
- Act as an accounting advisor, identify and resolve technical accounting issues and represent APAG on implementation project work streams.
- Policy Development SME responsibility for developing new and revising existing policy documents. This includes monitoring both the FASB and IASB for upcoming standards and providing feedback through the comment letter process. The SME also provide technical advice to transaction support teams within APAG.
- Participate as technical advisor in the Quality Assurance Review process.
- Be part of the global, dynamic Accounting Policy and Assurance team.
- A Chartered Accountant/CPA with 5+ years post qualified work experience in similar position in financial industry or 5+ years post qualified work experience as a Chartered Accountant/CPA within the banking industry with strong background in accounting policy and accounting standards.
- A good understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS. In addition experience in US GAAP/IFRS financial reporting and SEC reporting.
- Problem solving skills (ability to quickly structure, understand, solve complex issues).
- Effective communicator - able to develop relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.
- Highly motivated individual, driver mentality and efficiently and effectively manages work, time and resources.
- Experience in project management is a strong plus.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment.